gEDA-user: gEDA user list in transition

Hello All,

After many years (10+) of hosting the user mailing list at SEUL, the
time has come for the user list to find a new home.

DJ has graciously volunteered to host two new gEDA mailing lists on
his server:

1) A new list called:  geda-help
   The geda-help mailing list is for people seeking help using the current
   released versions of the various gEDA tools, including new gEDA users,
   those looking for tips and techniques, or those trying to work around
   a bug to get their jobs done.  Please avoid such topics as the history
   or future of these tools, as it only serves to confuse new users.

2) The replacement for this list called:  geda-user
   General discussion list for users of the gEDA tools, including gschem
   and friends (gaf), PCB, gerbv, Icarus Verilog, gnucap, and ngspice.

Please subscribe to the above lists going forward.  Information on doing
so is at:

Specifically go to:

	http://www.delorie.com/listserv/

for info on how to subscribe to the new geda-help or the new geda-user.

Note, these new lists will be unmoderated, however, there is now a
"gEDA Code of Conduct Document" that you should read and agree to follow
before you subscribe to any mailing list or participate in any gEDA
communication channel.  This document is available at:

	http://www.gpleda.org/CodeOfConduct.html

This list (old geda-user) is now in emergency moderation mode so I will
only approve messages that are currently in the queue (or somehow critical
to this transition).  I will send out redirects to the new list for a
little bit of time.  Eventually this list (old geda-user) will be shutdown.

Other related notes/changes:

  * The gEDA announce, bugs, and cvs mailing lists will continue to be
    hosted at SEUL for the time being.

  * The gEDA developers mailing list will be moving to launchpad in the
    near future.  Note, the developer mailing list archives are currently
    broken.  Fixing this is on my todo list before it moves to LP.

  * The gEDA wiki will be undergoing some changes as well in the near
    future, but those have not been formulated as of now.  But for now,
    I have disabled all write access to the wiki until I can sort out
    some issues related to the new Code of Conduct.  Plus I need to do
    a user purge as there quite a few stale accounts.  Please watch the
    start wiki page for any updates.

Thank you for your patience in this time of transition,
-Ales