Re: [gftp] Getting ready for next gFTP release

Brian Masney wrote:
I have uploaded my latest CVS code to http://www.gftp.org/gftp-test.tar.bz2. I
would like to put out a release candidate within a day or two and make the
official 2.0.17 release sometime next week. If anyone has time, please test
the code in the URL above and report any bugs that are found.
For one thing, all the text in the log pane is now red. (I think previously, all the text was green, except errors were red.)

More importantly, the auto-reconnect still doesn't work unless you initiate a transfer as the first action after the connection has timed out. Here's an example:

1. Connect to server.

2. Let connection time out (300 seconds according to my Options). (Nothing is written into the log pane when it times out.)

3. Use the drop-down box on the remote pane to select another directory, then press Enter to try to switch to it. (Or, just double-click a directory in the remote window.)

4. The log pane now gets these new lines:

CWD /some/other/directory/
421 No Transfer Timeout (300 seconds): closing control connection.
Disconnecting from site your.ip.add.ress

That's all. It doesn't reconnect.

-Anthony
http://nodivisions.com