[gftp] Re: gftp 2.0.16 locales

Thanks Brian:

>until libc supported it. If this is the case, when you run gftp
>from the console you should see an error saying locale not
>supported by C library.

The C library is fine (Slackware 9.1). No errors reportet when
starting gftp from a console.

>Try running strace -e trace=open,stat gftp-gtk and see
>what locale files it is trying to open.

Thanks for this nice tipp. The strange thing is that gftp
(compiled with the default Makefile: ./configure && make &&
make install) has installed the locale in
/usr/local/share/locale but is searching them in
/usr/share/locale. I have copied the German gftp.mo to
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES and gftp speaks German to me
:-) Due to the fact that I'm not a programmer it looks for me
just like a typing error in the sources.

Thanks to all,

Christian
---

### Pinguine können nicht fliegen,