Re: Translations

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Josep M. Lopez Besora wrote:

This stuff is what the mailing list is for, so we'll transfer it there.

> What's a line graph? Is it a tree with just two leaves?

A line graph is actually a function of another graph, denoted L(G). The
line graph of a graph G is composed thusly:

	* The vertices of L(G) are the edges of G
	* Two vertices in L(G) are connected iff their corresponding edges
		in G share a common vertex.

See http://mathworld.wolfram.com/LineGraph.html.

> What's a Gear graph? A bipartite complete n-1,1 ?

It's a wheel graph, but with an extra vertex between each of the vertices
on the outer ring. See http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GearGraph.html.

Cheers,

Dave.

--
"Computer science is no more about computers
  than astronomy is about telescopes."