Re: Version 1.2.1 (bug fix) released!

On 14/11/05, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A (bug-fix too?) suggestion: while trying to determine the exact
> dependencies to store that in a packaging file (debian/control), I
> discovered that without flex, I got:
>   checking for bison... bison -y
>   checking for flex... no
>   checking for lex... no
>   checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
>   checking for yywrap in -ll... no
>   configure: WARNING: I'd much prefer to use GNU flex

Yes, though strictly speaking that is "success". It will fall back to
using 'lex' if 'flex' isn't found, but in this case it *is* a failure
(neither are there). Can you send me config.log and config.status from
this run? (directly to me, rather than to the list)

> IIRC too, I got no error about the absence of bison, and I had to search
> a bit to find that the missing `yacc` command was in this `bison`
> package (I did: `aptitude search yacc`, but it wasn't sufficient. I got
> to play with apt-cache (could have been achieved with some good option
> in aptitude)).

As before, it will prefer 'bison', falling back to 'yacc' if it isn't
found. But you're right; it should raise an error.

Dave.

--
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
  is no basis for a system of government."