Re: GraphThing 1.3.1 released

On 9/20/06, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Again, many thanks for your efforts! Some troubles subsist though:
 - the location of the manpage is expanded into a path including
   ${prefix}, which is not defined in GNUmakefile.in. The tiny first
   attached patch fixes that.

Fixed!

 - it looks like you now use a Perl script instead of a shell one, but
   you didn't rename it in src/GNUmakefile.in. See the second attached
   patch for an easy fix.

That was a mistake - the old Perl version was still hanging around, but the shell script version wasn't making it into the distribution tarball for some reason. That's fixed now.

When building, a lot of warnings is(are?) displayed, complaining about
``dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules''
(I'm using gcc 4.1.2). That's not a problem to me, but I prefer telling
you that now so it won't become a major problem afterwards,
surprisingly, if the compiler behaviour is modified. (gcc is being more
and more restrictive and strict.)

Honestly, I have no idea what that warning means - I'll have to look into it.

Cool. I've rolled those fixes in. If we get anything more sorted out, I'll release 1.3.2.

Dave.

--
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords
 is no basis for a system of government."