Re: Gnome

> On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Birger Langkjer wrote:
>
> > Is it fast? That's my main problem with KDE.

Is it slow due to memory use (you hear the disk paging) or due to CPU
power?  I have found that on slow boxes (read a P75) movement of
windows tends to lag behind.  Atonishibgly opaque move is a lot faster
than KDE's transparent move so turn it on.

> Depends on how much hardware you throw at it ... (-;

On the PII 400 I have at work it flies :-)

> Seriously, enlightenment is a pig ( worse than kwm ).

Enlightenment 0.15 autotunes according the speed of box.  It is not
too big but if you begin to get fancy with backgrounds and icons then
it will eat memory.   Gnome is a bit slow on P75s (remove animations).

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org