RE: independence (fwd)

>I've no time to answer this, can somebody else respond?
>
>--roger

Some have, but they may have missed something.

   There are three ways to install Independence.  One is with a FTP
install, but it requires a supported NIC.  One is with a "built"
distribution, which is made by installing the two big .tar files on top
of a Red Hat 5.2 CD.  <This will be missing some patches>  The third is
to grab everything in the directory with the two big .tar files.  That
is about 400 meg, with the .tar files.
   If you FTP everything, there is a very real chance the names will get
massively screwed up.  DOS doesn't like more than one "." in a file
name.  Neither does Navigator, or IE.  They like to change them to "_"
and ignore case.  Linux is case sensitive, so this can be a problem.
Does this help?

			Lee