Re: Indy Setup and Other Stuff

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000, Rag3001@aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>           I hav actually set up Indy 3 times, once with custom, once
> with everything selected, and once with both selected.  Neither of
> the times did it work.  But I have run Xconfigurator and it said it
> could not run Xserver in probing mode, and later said that it found a
> problem with my configuration and would I like to go back or quit,
> even when I KNEW that my configuration was perfect.  Also when I type
> "startx" (with out quotes) it gives me "startx: could not open shared
> libraries: libXmu.so.6: invalid file or folder" (again with out
> quotes).  And when I used the locate command it found the libXmu.so.6
> file.  What do I do?

Just to be sure, which release did you download? (Please don't get
upset. I'm trying to find out what went wrong :)

Something doesn't sound right, so I will need as much info as you can
give me:

- System info?
- How big is the partition you have Indy installed on?
- Where did the locate command find the libXmu.so.6 file?
- Are you sure that you don't have corupted RPM packages?
- Did the installer offer to configure X during the install?

Sorry for the 99 questions, but I can't think of what went wrong
without more info.

Try to install the X RPM's from the command line by typing:
rpm -ivh -nodeps -force X*.rpm

--
R.G. Mayhue