rsync?

Is that any chance of using rsync on belegost?

For some reason I have always had trouble downloading certin files. I
have never been able to figure out why. This really troubles me when
mirroring. The process stops when the download stalls on certin files.
If I skip over the file, the process resumes until it stumbles onto the
next file that refuses to download. If the mirroring process is running
unattended, it times out and stops and I return later to find hours of
wasted time had passed.

I then also have the problem of getting the files that refuse to
download because it does not matter what method or tool I try, they
simply will not download! The only way of getting the files in the past
(gee, I hate to say this....) was to fire up Win98 and download them.
Why it works under Win98 with the VERY same modem and connection
is a *&^%$ mystery to me! This is very perplexing and frustrating to
say the least. I hope that one day I will find the answer.

But there is one thing I have not tried - "rsync" mirroring! This may
help me until another solution is reached. I don't know about the
possible security problems in using rsync, but I would like to try it
if I could.

The perl based "mirror" stalls when getting a file list from belegost.
After retrieving countless others, it submits the request for (heck, I
forget which subdirectory now) and it never gets it. It times out after
15min. It never really gets going.

Let me know.

--
R.G. Mayhue