Re: (FWD) Re: Resurrecting Indy - Food for thought

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 01:48:22AM +0000, -cEnsE- wrote:
> Are we planning to have everyone NEED a copy of RH to use Indy? Can
> we just ship the parts of RH that we need in Indy so that it is
> transpearent to the end-user?

Another way to look at this is to try to take advantage of the red hat
distribution mechanisms to get the packages to the users. Perhaps try
to get them into red hat itself (with an eventual goal of having another
cd in the red hat boxed set or something).

Try to get Red Hat to treat you as somebody who's useful and interested
in collaborating, rather than a competitor.

The more you can actually get into high profile distribution, the more
people will notice you and the more people will take you seriously.

As an example, there's an entire segment of the community out there who
only knows about seul because of gftp, axyftp, gps, iptraf, etc. (on
Redhat CD/powertools).

--Roger