Re: shared file

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Stephanie Lockwood wrote:

> So, we're going to stay away from the static linked KDE/gnome apps,
> people will just have to run them in their native desktop.

if that's what he really meant, I disagree quite violently.
I think making KDE apps exclusive to kwm is the kind of thing that we
(and KDE for that matter) should be trying to avoid.

> by whether they pick the desktop that has the stronger applications available
> for their particular areas of interest.

The answer as it stands is clearly KDE for everything besides
graphics. But I still think static builds of some important apps are a
good idea.

> I propose that an in-depth article for the users comparing Gnome and KDE

I am not sure that this is a good idea.
--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/