Re: Four small programming tasks for this version or the next.

--
> The problem is we need a PPP configurator _now_ and that means it must
> be curses based.  One of the things Indy differs of your average
> distribution is that it tries to help people who are self-teaching.
> Most of them use Linux at home and until they get PPP working they
> cannot ask for help.  So we really need a decent PPP configurator for
> this edition not for the next.

How much time do we have? I haven't gotten a chance yet to look at
what you've included in the install. I was waiting until you froze the
code before I would do an install, and I'm just finishing up getting
some of the last few files.

--
> The problem I was thinking of was about two mail agents: you cannot
> install both because they share the same port and you have to manage
> to install only one even in case the user selects "install all" nad
> manage to do this without prompting and reprompting the user until he
> feels dizzy.

Do you currently have a list of all of the known conflicts in Indy?

> > > 4) There is a little trick who can double or trebble the graphic
> > > performùance of the box with modern processors.  Some games become
> > > fast to be played.  :-) This is shell work but we need to hack
> > > Xconfigurator in order to collect some data needed

When you say modern processors. Are you referring to PII and PIII, or
just pentium processors (R, Pro)?

--

R.G. Mayhue
rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com

	The moral progression of a people can scarcely begin till they
	are independent.
						--James Martineau

	Go get your Independence Linux now!
	http://www.independence.seul.org