Re: The end of a dream

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:11:59PM +0100, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
> I stop Independence.  I noticed that nobody
> else had tested the software I had put for download and that
> after release there would be nobody for trying to speak about
> it and it ideals.  I cannot do this while trying to improve
> Indy.  Thus I stop.

Working alone on a distro is very hard. I don't blame you.

Can the work you've done (RPMs) be contributed to other distributions to
improve them? Might you continue to work on improved RPMs, contributing
them directly to other distributions so you don't have to do all of the
rest of the work yourself? For instance, the newly forming schoolforge.net
(a coalition of Linux in education projects, coming together to reduce
redundancy and focus publicity) can definitely use somebody working on
high-quality education software packages. Such packages would get much
higher visibility than Independence.

In any case, SEUL is still here, if you decide to pick things up later,
or start something new.

Thanks,
--Roger