Re: Indy web site help.

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Eddie Maddox wrote:
>
> > I was thinking of offering to help, also,
> > but I need the software support to make that happen.
>
> I am not clear on what you mean by "software support".

General, specific and examples:

General: Software that supports frustration-free productivity.
         Software that is a delight to work with.

Specific: No bugs.
          No stupid shortcomings.

Examples: Linuxconf.
          Linuxconf seems to be a vast improvement on
          wading through /etc/* in one vc (virtual console)
          while having man pages, HOWTOs, etc. opened on several
          other vcs just to try and figure out the littlest
          things that need changing in configs. I've spent -months-
          doing that. SLIP. Then PPP. Lynx. Minicom. On and on ...
          Have you ever read the serial HOWTO? I have. Printing,
          and many others. Over and over again. On and on ...
          Not productive. Not delightful. Frustrating.

          Netscape-Composer.
          Netscape-Composer may be a partial answer to having
          a delightful web site authoring tool.
          I'll know when we can get Indy to run X for me
          (see: Install report 5 FEB 99).

          Voice recognition.
          KDE plans to have it. Others are working on it, too.
          Maybe I won't need to hire a writer I can't afford anyway.

Eddie