Re: Anyone has a PCI sound card?

JF Martinez wrote:

> I have heard that if you have a PCI sound card RedHat 6.1 will drop
> you into sndconfig first time you boot (I doubt it, I don't think
> kudzu is so smart).  I cannot confirm it due to having an ISA sound
> card.   Is anyone able to check?

I have a PCI sound card - a Soundblaster Live. When I installed
RedHat 6.1 it definitely didn't drop into sndconfig the first
time I booted - then again RedHat 6.1 doesn't come with drivers
for the SB Live - I had to download them from Creative's web
site so this may not be a good test.

--
Mike Manley