Re: About democracy was Re: Organizing for 6.2

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, David Webster wrote:

> IMHO, an installer that would start in windows, as some questions in a
> familiar environment, and then reboot the computer, and start installing
> Indy would be quite nice. (kinda like Coral, except without the bugs, and
> not trying to be quite as clever.)

IMO I would prefer to keep windows out of it. I think that there is to
much emphasis put on helping to install from windows these days. If we
really want Linux to be a success, it should stand on it's own. That
just sends a clear message to new users that somehow Linux is not as
good as windows to begin with. The time and energy put into that area
would be better spent inproving or writing a better installer.

Please remember, it is just my opinion:) But if everyone thinks this is
a good idea, I can probably write something like that pretty easy.

--
R.G. Mayhue