Re: Registering domain

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, R.G. Mayhue wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > We have to go at one point.  If we wait for KDE 2 then we will be
> > waiting for kernel 2.4 then for Gnome 2 and then we will find us
> > waiting for RedHat 7.
> >
> I agree with Jean here. We release 6.2b as soon as we can including any
> updates available and start getting the next release ready for KDE2 and
> possibly the 2.4 kernel etc. He is absolutely correct, we cannot keep
> waiting for the next good thing to come along or we will always be
> waiting the way Linux is progressing!

Agreed. Instead of waiting for them all before we release, why not release
everytime a major update is avaliable?

From The Cathedral and the Bazaar; "release early and release often," I
tend to agree. To anyone who hasn't yet, it is worth reading the whole
doc; http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/