Re: News and miscellanea

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, JF Martinez wrote:

> > I think I should be able to sort this out, how long are we talking?
> >

> I think by February first.

Sorry, I ment what length should the shorter manifesto be? I'm guessing at
a couple of paragraphs, but do you have any specific guidelines?

But is Feb 1st the date we're trying to get Indy 6.1-0.8 out by?

Also, what about a picture? Does Indy have a logo? I've looked in Indy's
public_html/images directory, and there seems to be a few different ones.
If there's a choice, my vote would go with lp2.jpg, as it'll probably
scale quite nicely, isn't too complex to print out and stick on CDs (or
T-Shirts ;), but isn't over simple.

When Indy is finalised, should we find people who are willing to burn the
iso onto a CD and mail it out? If we do this, we could have links on the
website for people who are able to burn/ship CDs to certain areas. I've
now got a CD burner, so I'd be willing to burn and ship some. We would
have to be careful about payment and the like, tho.

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/