gcc 2.95.2 (19991024)

Jean, did you post a while back mentioning that Indy was going to move
away from the gcc 2.95.2 compiler because of a bug you had found? I have
the gcc 2.95.2 compiler installed because it was the compiler system
found in the RPMS directory when I downloaded Indy 6.1-0.8. I also
thought you mentioned recompiling using a different compiler. If so,
what compiler was used to create the binaries and lib's in the distro
about a week ago? I'm getting some errors from configure asking if my
compiler is installed properly.

I don't have your original post because of the data lost in my drive
crash, so I'm pretty much starting over from scratch. I'm counting on
my memory more then ever now to get Indialer going again on time, but
there will now be some changes. The Indialer and liberator version
supplied in this release will be a little less then I had originally
intended. I am going to try and shoot for a Feb 1st dead line8-P

Also, when I used the new installer a couple of days ago, I noticed that
upon reboot a program pops up that finds any new hardware on the system.
It found my modem in a snap and configured it to /dev/modem. Part of
the (previous) Indialer program scanned the /dev/ttyS[0,1,2,3] ports to
find the modem and inserted it into the proper field for the user
because I could not make the assumption that a new user would know
exactly where the modem was when asked.

Do you think we should place the Indialer liberator in the post install
after this program finds the modem? It would certainly make my job much
easier to configure Indialer to aim at /dev/modem and would also give the
user less choices to make.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Hopefully losing all of
my work will produce something even better then I planned to begin with
but just couldn't see it. At least I hope that's what my higher power has
in store for me other then teaching me to _never_ leave my data
unprotected again!

Signed: "Starting over!"
--
R.G. Mayhue