Re: Koffice

JF Martinez wrote:

> Has anyone tried Koffice or is willing to try it?  IMHO the two really
> important apps are Kword and Kpresent.  If they work they could be a
> nice addition for 0.2

Unfortunately they are not ready yet -- they have been moved to Qt2.0,
which is just coming out in beta now, so it will take some time before
KWord and KPresent are ready.  The developers are shooting for an
official beta release sometime at the end of the summer.

In the meantime, there are some older alpha-releases about (I think SuSE
has some on their ftp servers) which use qt-1.42.  These are relatively
stable but lack some functionality (though they probably have more than,
say, Abiword).

Regards,

Andreas