Re: another success story

> >> I dd'ed the two floppies, booted, and eventually got a pair of floppies
> >> which didn't have bad sectors.
>
>    This brings up a point...  There is no image writer on the ftp site!
> Not to mention that "Grab these images and make floppies" is a bit vague
> to a beginner.  I grabbed a copy of rawrite3 from a Caldera CD I had

rawrite3 is in the dosutils directory

> handy, and put it in the images directory of the iso image I am working
> on.  I used it because it was easy, runs with instructions, and was on
> the first CD I could find. :-)  I also shamelessly modified Caldera's
> English readme for instructions.  Any problems with this?

Don't know.

>    Put me down for a second.  I have a bunch of machines, and I am
> installing it on a few for variety. :-)  Machine 1 went perfect <other
> than sound...  Still haven't looked>, but machine 2...  It found the

sndconfig

> card, and picked a supported mode, but came up like it was overscanned.

Perhaps you could use xvidtune.

> It also could not find the NIC on install.  Most of the machines I have

Do a "cat /proc/pci" and see if you can find the card.  If you can't
then it has been made inactive in the BIOS (happenned me with a Dell).
If you find it then it is not supported, at least not in 2.0.  Time to
lobby Compaq then.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org