RE: Need help on the quick start guide

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Sharp, Lee wrote:

> >> How about xwpick?
> >
> >There's a ksnapshot in kdegraphics of KDE 1.1 (if memory serves me right)
>
>    Doh!  <slaps head>  Talk about missing all the cool included tools.
> :-)  With out a doubt, I will need everyone in the project to point out
> the cool tools included that I miss.  <Other than vi.  These AutoDocs
> will be a vi free zone. :-)  >

Hey, if you want a nifty editor with HTML syntax highlighting, look at
http://ultra7.unl.edu.ar/kfte ;-)

It does have a vi mode, but it sucks, which I believe is good!

>  One oddness, I can not get KSnapshot to
> save jpegs...  Anyone know why before I devote way to much time to
> figuring it out? :-)

No idea. Perhaps libjpeg 61/62 version mismatching?
Try running it from a terminal and see if you get a message about it.
Also try running ldd `which ksnapshot`, and see if anything is marked as
missing.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.