RE: Needs

>> > When Indi is a release product it will do XDM by default.
>> > Until then how can you get a menu going ?
>
>> 15 minutes of dialog hacking and a "indyx" script that shows a dialog and
>> then calls startx with the right .Xclients (or .xinitrc or whatever)?
>
>I would prefer that when starting X the script tests for a file
>listing a preferred user interface.  If file exists and the interface
>listed in is present then start it.  If it is not then try KDE, Gnome
>and classic X in that order.  (KDE is more mature).  Then have a menu
>entry allowing to change default interface.  I think he would have to
>restart X.

   What if Linux is boot graphically?  Would it be possible to look in
the home directory to see which desktop to run?  Is it possible to
choose KDE vs Gnome vs X from a graphical login?

>About window managers assumming the user had not selected KDE which
>one do we choose as default: FVWM2 with 95 looks, WindowMaker or
>AfterStep?  Enlightenment will probably not be ready for prime time.

   Which is stock?  Stay as close to stock as possible unless there is a
arguable functionality reason to change it.  Looks, in my opinion, are
not a reason...  Keep in mind that I will have to get screen shots of
what ever we decide to support.

			Lee