RE: Selecting applications

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Sharp, Lee wrote:

> that a bad install will keep new people from trying Linux.  "If I can't
> even get the thing installed, how can I run it?"  We do need to have a
> minimum level, clean, easy install, or people will never look at the
> cool apps we find.

99% of the difficulties encountered by new users installing linux are
caused by hardware incompatible with the distribution they acquire.
So putting hours and hours of work into the install will make minimal
impact on the ease of installation for the average user. On the other
hand, a "we want drivers" campaign is a smarter way to attack the main
issues.

cheers,

-- Donovan