Re: an easier bash

jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> > After a discussion on 'dk.edb.unix' about GUI vs. CLI, I was inspired to
> > make bash a little easier for beginners with a lot more commands in both
> > danish and english. Basically it's a lot of aliases like eg.:
> > alias remove='rm -ir'
> > alias rename='mv -i'
> > alias rename='mv -i''
> > etc etc
> >
> > Then I was told that SuSe already has this feature, it's only Redhat
> > that's lacking behind. I think Independence should have this feature
> > too. I've made some files that you copy on top of bash with a script for
> > easy administration:
> >

> <snipped parts>
>
> I find the idea excellent.  I am still not sure if it is a good idea
> to change the meaning of existing command like 'cp' becoming 'cp -ir'
> but adding some more intuive names like 'remove' would be nice.
Everything can be changed, it's only a first draft.

> It has to be documented however
Maybe someone can write a form or template, so the different
translations will be uniform? Then I can ask some people I know briefly
to translate. I think I can get spanish and russian, and maybe swedish
and norwegian.

> Also RedHat has some protective aliases for root like rm -> 'rm -i'.
> Normal users don't get them in the sake they cannot damge the box.
> Only that sometimes the data under /home can be far more imprtant than
> the software under /usr that can be reinstalled in an hour or two.
>
> About purists lets them flame.
>
> --
>                         Jean Francois Martinez
>
> Project Independence: Linux for the Masses
> http://www.independence.seul.org

best regards
--
Birger Langkjer