Re: an easier bash

> After a discussion on 'dk.edb.unix' about GUI vs. CLI, I was inspired to
> make bash a little easier for beginners with a lot more commands in both
> danish and english. Basically it's a lot of aliases like eg.:
> alias remove='rm -ir'
> alias rename='mv -i'
> alias rename='mv -i''
> etc etc
>
> Then I was told that SuSe already has this feature, it's only Redhat
> that's lacking behind. I think Independence should have this feature
> too. I've made some files that you copy on top of bash with a script for
> easy administration:

<snipped parts>

I find the idea excellent.  I am still not sure if it is a good idea
to change the meaning of existing command like 'cp' becoming 'cp -ir'
but adding some more intuive names like 'remove' would be nice.

It has to be documented however

Also RedHat has some protective aliases for root like rm -> 'rm -i'.
Normal users don't get them in the sake they cannot damge the box.
Only that sometimes the data under /home can be far more imprtant than
the software under /usr that can be reinstalled in an hour or two.

About purists lets them flame.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org