Re: Indy (beta?)

> Ohh... LinuxWorld has an article up about some travails with XF86 4 and
> a little howto on getting X to use the 100 DPI fonts.

It does better -- it also displays all scalable fonts at 100DPI, which
IMO should be the default.

> http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-03/lw-03-penguin_5.html
>
> I did it and it works.  now I am going to modify those instructions
> and see if they make the computer use the TTFs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with Netscape. See the font HOWTO (-;

PS
Making the computer use TTFs is easy. Redhat's font server has been
doing it for some time ( at least 6.1, possibly 6.0 ) . Getting WYSIWYG
printing to work with TTFs is somewhat more ambitious.

--
Donovan