Re: seul-pub

> > Most of the public seul lists are low-traffic these days (with the
> > exception of seul-edu). So I figured I'd drop you a line to see if you
> > wanted to help out anywhere, since I'd probably never hear from you again
> > otherwise. :)
> >
> > What sorts of things would you be interested in working on? Do you
> > have any writing or programming experience? Any advocacy/analysis experience?
> > (Any linux or windows experience? :)
> > A partial list of things we're working on these days can be found at
> > http://www.seul.org/what/todo.html
>
> I was mostly just curious to see what was going on.  I'm an experienced
> software developer with an interest in graphical user interfaces, and
> particularly in standards for GUI operation, such as data interchange
> formats, window manager protocols, look-and-feel, etc..  I'm also the
> author of NEdit text editor (http://www-pat.fnal.gov/nirvana/nedit.html),
> and was interested to see what kinds of changes you were advocating in
> applications.
>
> -- Mark Edel

SEUL has mostly been leaving the GUI standards issues to projects like
gnome and kde (since they're more actively developing the newer gui's),
though there have been several threads about xml on the seul-edu list
and a lot of the educational apps we're developing will need good data
interchange formats. Rather than designing gui standards, we're working
more on advocacy documents and the like.

I've cc'ed this to the Project Independence list (independence.seul.org)
in case they have anything to add (I believe they evaluated nedit as an
editor at one point, for inclusion in their distrib? I don't recall the
details on that one.)

Anyway, feel free to continue lurking, and let me know if you have any
questions. :)

Thanks,
--Roger