Re: KwinTV

> >I have uploaded KwinTV and a videodevs (needed for KwinTV) to
> >experimental.  This is for the "fun" part in the distrib.
> >
> >--
> > Jean Francois Martinez
>

> OK Jean, but what do it do. I'll ask, I'm too lazy to go looking.

If you have a video capture card then KwinTV allows you to watch
SuperBowl while writing the memo you had to deliver day after to your
boss.

> It would be nice to have descriptions of what programs are supposed to do
> for the user described when mentioned by anyone. Not to make you feel
> uncomfortable, Jean, it is just for us lazy newbies.

There is an Independence-features RPM in the distrib containing tiny
descriptions of additional software included in Indy.  It would be a
good thing that for Indy 0.2 we had a page in the site listing it
along with the descriptions provided by an rpm query.  Unfortunately
the worst part of writing an RPM is describing the description of the
software included.  Still more when you know three languages so you
are supposed to provide translations (this a thing I constantly forget
about so Indy is not particularly friendly for french people ;-)

> I have yet to install Red Hat 5.2, may darn HD gave out and I am left with
> enough room on the old reliable noisy one that is able to hold windoze 98
> and a few programs. I'll do away with the MS stuff as soon as I get more
> familiarized with Linux. If Maxtor would just cooperate by making reliable
> drives, second time I have had it go bonkers. Spend more time reinstalling
> stuff than I should. I got everything backed up this time.

I have heard bad ventilation can be harmful for drives specially those
with high rotational speeds.  Ensure your box is not a forrest of cables.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org