Re: Newbie Idea

Den man, 03 maj 1999 skrev du:
> Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> I would suggest that, at a minimum, the user be told that they requires X
> amount of space and a) confirm that the free space available on the existing
> disk be used for Linux, b) there is X amount of space on this partition, do
> you want us to shrink it and use this freed up space for Linux or c) there is
> insufficient space on any partition for Linux, which partition do you want us
> to use with a big warning "THIS WILL DESTROY ALL INFORMATION ON THIS DRIVE.
> DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU ARE CERTAIN THAT THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!" or
> something like that.

I think that deleting user's data without asking them first should be like the
sin against the Holy Ghost in computing: All other sins will be forgiven,
except this one :-)

Also remember that sometimes ppl are installing at 4 am. in the morning and
they've been at it for 12 hours or something, there should be atleast 3-4
warnings like in the install-script for WindowMaker (1. This will delete your
data, are you sure you want to do it? [y/n] 2. Have you read the f* manual?
[y/n] 3. Are you lying? [y/n] 4. Are you absolutely positively sure you want to
go through with this? [y/n] etc.)

--
mvh/best regards
Birger Langkjer