Re: Newbie Idea

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Sat, 1 May 1999, Kevin Sproul wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> So why don't we just let the "Server" and "Workstation" options appear in
> components ?
>
> Is this as simple as moving the --hide flags from the comps file or is
> there more to it ?

Here is my logical sequence of installation steps.

1 : Set up the disk ( Partitioning, format etc...  Includes adding
 mount points for DOS partitions etc...

2 : Select weather it will be a caned install or a choose my own
 files thing.
	a : Server
	b : Desktop
	c : Install everything
	d : Choose categories
	e : Select individual packages

3 : depends on the choice in 2 and may be nothing or a further
 selection screen

4 : device setup ( detection and selection of all things )

5 : Copy files while you play Tetris or configure usernames,
 ip addresses, PPP etc...

6 : Reboot.  That should be all.