Fwd: Re: NEdit

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 08:48:57 -0500
From: Mark Edel <edel@ltx.com>
To: Roger Dingledine <arma@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: seul-pub

> I've cc'ed this to the Project Independence list (independence.seul.org)
> in case they have anything to add (I believe they evaluated nedit as an
> editor at one point, for inclusion in their distrib? I don't recall the
> details on that one.)

Thanks.  One of the problems Open Source organizations have been having
with NEdit, is that the license borders on unacceptable, because it says
that the distribution should be "at no charge, except for nominal media
and distribution costs", and it's generally a wierd license.  You might
want to pass on the additional tidbit, that come June 11, we will likely
be changing to a normal GPL or Artistic license.

-- Mark Edel

------- End of Forwarded Message