Re: kexpress better than krn?

> Den søn, 10 okt 1999 skrev du:
> > Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Kevin Forge wrote:
> > >
> ..
> > B) For a unix admin. ( even a novice one ) but not someone who doesn't
> > edit autoexec.bat
>
> I must admit, when they first adviced me to install my own newsserver, I
> thought they were tripping. I never got INN to work proberly.

Once upon a time in 1996 someoane got impatient because our networking
guru was taking weeks to set up a news server on the very user frienly
NT.  It took me only one hour using Linux (FAQ readinf time included):
the RPM had done all the work I only had to allow other boxes to
connect to it.  Of course this was an intranet and I didn't to have to
deal with other servers but when transport is NNTP setting up INN is
not too difficult... provided the RPM does all the work.  :-)

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org