Re: kexpress better than krn?

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Birger Langkjer wrote:

> Den ons, 06 okt 1999 skrev du:
> > On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Bud Beckman wrote:
> >
> > > Since there have been a couple who have tried it, any compare it to krn?
> > >
> > > Bud, wondering if I should add it to my rapidly filling up HD
> >
> > Lacks scoring. Then again, I haven't tried Krn recently. Are the leaks in
> > krn fixed yet ? Is it still a memory hog  ?
>
> It doesn't seem slow, it has some more features than kexpress, but it
> doesn't seem to be a good offline reader, it only downloads and keeps
> headers AFAIK.

It also keeps bodies.

I'll answer the previous questions:

Krn does leak.
Krn is a memory hog.

People with 64MB of RAM or people who don't run their newsreaders for
hours at a time probably won't care much about that.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)