promiscuous mode

Is it there any obvious reason for promiscuos mode not to work?

I've just intalled 2.3.1 on a machine which is connected, via a small
hub, to a few machines, exposed to the internet, and using the pool of
static internet address our provider gave us.

Having set promiscous mode (On), i still can observe in Ip traffic
monitor only the connection of the machine running iptraf, not others.

Am I overlooking something?

	Ciao
		Guido

--
You left them alone in a room with a penguin?! Mr Gates, your men are
already dead.