Re: IPTRAF 3.0.1 - no interest?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:20:05PM +0100, László Monda wrote:
>> > In any case, we probably shouldn't just clobber the current site. But
>> > we can make a 'new' directory and put newer stuff in there. And if the
>> > original author doesn't show up and complain, then I guess we'd phase
>> > out the original site.
>
> Jaroslav Fojtik, perhaps you're interested in picking up the iptraf
> pieces and integrating patches? I could set you up with a seul account.
> Showing that you know how to write patches is a lot more than most users
> will do.
>
>> I think the whole project should be moved to SourceForge because of 1)
>> better community visibility, 2) much better mailing list management
>> with Mailman, 3) issue tracking ability 4) the project will surely
>> stay there and won't disappear.
>
> Well, if somebody is motivated to do that, feel free I guess. But seul
> has been around since before sourceforge was born, and probably will be
> around after sourceforge dies.

I'm impressed that seul has been around before SourceForge, but given
the highly robust nature of SourceForge and the number of its mirrors
and its features I doubt that seul is a better choice nowadays.

> You're right that using the sourceforge bugzilla might be a win though,
> in either case. Maintaining bugzillas is a real pain.

Losing issues is an even bigger pain.

If there is a consensus about SourceForge migration then I will help.

--
Laci  <http://monda.hu>