[kidsgames] Story based games???

I'm new to the list and I haven't seen anything related in the archives so
please excuse me if this has already been covered...

From what I've read there seems to be quite a bit of development going on
but it looks like a "teach x and try make it fun" situation, I know from
experience(I'm not that old) that it becomes 'old' very quickly, Mavis
Beacon is a prime example, is anyone working on a game _with_ a story?

Anyway being an avid adventure fan I'd really like to work on a strong
story based game that teaches complex reasoning skills through a variety of
puzzles integrated into the storyline. I remember playing a text parser
game with a really strong story element when I was about 8 on the Apple II
that was a heap of fun then, could that kind of game with obvious technical
improvements still appeal to that age group? Anyone interested? I'm
porting/rewriting an older dos adventure at the moment that should allow
relatively fast development with minor modification(to the engine) but I'm
still working on a storyline/plot.

Cheers,
Dariush

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf."
 - Will Rogers

ICQ #: 15030713
-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"