Re: [kidsgames] Story based games???

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Outlaw Jim wrote:

> Anyway being an avid adventure fan I'd really like to work on a strong
> story based game that teaches complex reasoning skills through a variety of
> puzzles integrated into the storyline. I remember playing a text parser

Sometimes I've thought about the same thing. And from the technical
point of view, it's not difficult to create some python
scripts (www.python.org) so a story can be sketched and some
characters and plots simulated and put in a literary form.
The question is : who is going to feed the stories? Who is going
to feed the plots and characters ? From the tecnical point of view
is extremely _easy_, but what about the "raw" data necesary ??

If you can provide the "raw" data, I'll lead the technical part,
of course, our stories will be written in python or python/tk. Those
are my premises:
- a "raw" data feeder
- python as the main language.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm

  What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"
in the body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org