Re: [kidsgames] kids programs

> in other words, you, the developper, or one of your friends who speeks well,
> will read the entire story aloud, then it is up to you to turn that into a
> bunch of small sound files, or one big one and have your program scan for
> white spce in the file... I don't know, but I think that might sound better
> than a synthesized voice.

Oh, much better.. scanning for silence in a sound file is not terribly
difficult. Steve Baker also clued me in to using word timings stored in
the book file to advance the highlighter. Either way would probably work
nicely.
-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org