RE: [kidsgames] Word database

Doug and all,
     I have a very basic database started I am still working on the
structure.  Quite a few ideas but am really still just working on the
structure, research and learning to use Starbase.  I am looking for
suggestions, but for the moment since its still just structural/usability
issues I think I'll file suggestions until the structure is defined a little
better.  I chose Starbase for the multiplatform, cheap, friendly atmosphere,
but really I need a book.  I will post updates as I can.  I have basic
fields and am trying to best relate and weave them so that the will have a
true META usability.  Where to break the fields into tables, how to format
each field, and the linking for sounds and pictures is where I'm at right
now ideas are popping into my head daily so hopfully I will have a good
structure in a month and will post it then.  The task of entering the words
will be much more monumental and I think who ever said that the users of the
base would enter the words as they need to use them in programs had the
right idea, but I would like to have a start before we started developing.
I think there are a few things I'm really going to need help with are: a
recording mechanism, maybe one that can be used from inside of forms for
enter the data, what is a good format, mp3 wav...  Another thing is the
image files format? pcx png gif????  What else??  I want it to act as a
resource for developers but if its usable enough we could develop an engine
that would incorporate the structure and be a quick development tool for
teacher/parents.