Re: [kidsgames] SMLUC on Kidsgames

> Perhaps all of the different logo implementors should merge some of thier
> talents ?!  You webturtle looks neat but still intimidating for child I
> think :)

I've been considering doing something under Linux like "Delta Drawing,"
which was a turtle-based drawing language cart. I had for my Atari computer
when I was a kid.  (Still have it, but never use it :) )

It was a bit simpler.  Commands were single keystrokes, so you could issue
commands while watching the results.  For example:

  D D D R R R R R R D D D R R R R R R D D D R R R R R R D D D

would draw a square.  ("D" was obviously for "Draw", and would draw like 10
pixels.  You could press "SHIFT-D" to draw like 5 pixels, and "CONTROL-D"
for one pixel.  Similarly, "R" was, I believe, 15 degrees.  CONTROL-R would be
one degree.)

(It's obviously been a while.)

If anything, it might be fun to make a "draw with geometry" program which
wasn't an actual programming language (like Delta Drawing was)...

-bill!

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org