Re: [kidsgames] word familiarity

>-->It still seems to me that the structure of the database should follow
>-->from the demands of the games that are going to be using it.  Here are
>-->my pet examples.  Can you add others?
>-->
>-->Linux Letters and Numbers:
>-->   a word, a picture, a recording of an "interesting" phrase.
>-->   E.g., "cow", a picture of a cow in a field, "cow starts with C".
>-->
>-->Stickers:
>-->   a word, a picture, a recording of the word, a "stamp" sound, and a
>-->	"paint" sound
>-->   E.g., "cow", a picture of a cow with transparent background, a
>-->	recording of the word "cow", a recording of a cow mooing, and
>-->	a loop recording of a field of cows which can be played back
>-->	for the full duration of the paintbrush stroke.
>-->
>
>This is not a horribly bad idea, but I wonder how appropriate these
>pictures will be accross applications.  It doesn't bother me to have
>"application" specific data in the database, but I feel it will need some
>type of labeling as such, and that part I'm a bit hazy on in what you
>proprose above....

I'm not proposing anything, I'm just trying to figure out how I might
use the information in this database, whatever it might be.  Can someone
please suggest some applications that will use it, so that I can get
a sense of what sort of information might be in it.  Or the flip side,
why gather data for which we cannot think of any use? Thanks!

Paul Kienzle
pkienzle@kienzle.powernet.co.uk
-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the