Re: [kidsgames] lum, mek, xem

Paul Kienzle wrote:

> I played with XXX=lum, mek, and xem from
>         http://www.linux-france.org/prj/XXX/index.html
>
> They perform as advertised, providing simulations for optics,
> mechanics and chemistry respectively.
>
> As with other simulators (e.g., lightspeed), they do not make for
> compelling games.  That's not to say they are uninteresting, but
> that they are of very little interest in and of themselves.

I suspect I didn't make it clear when I posted the links to these
programs, but these are not intended as games.  They were written
(AFAIK) as tools to be used in school courses, and as such should have
the needed context provided by the teacher and the non-computer
coursework.

--
Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right track,
Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you just