Re: [kidsgames] SMLUC on Kidsgames

Jeff Waddell wrote:

> Hi honey :)
>
> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 cwaddell@mail.orion.org wrote:
>
> -->Science Experiments
> -->
> -->This game idea will tell you how to do experiments at home,
> -->and allow you to do more difficult or dangerous ones in
> -->simulation on the computer.
> -->

Take a look at:

<http://freephysics.sourceforge.net/>

This was announced just a few days ago, and sounds as though it's aimed
at just this wish.

> -->Lobbying Questions
> -->
> -->Do we want to ask software companies to port current
> -->kidsgames to linux??
> -->
> -->Well, whatever, but the focus for the group at the meeting
> -->was writing and promoting well written and well thought out
> -->games.
>
> There are I think a couple of drives to get commercial proprietary
> applications, games and hardware drivers ported to linux.  I think it
> would make sense to join those efforts for any software we want to see
> ported and as stated above keep this group focused on generating "well
> written and well thought out games"

For more on that take a look at:

<http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Commercial-Port-Advocacy.html>

I wrote this a couple of years ago but recently updated it and submitted
it to the LDP.

> -->**********************************
> -->Logo
> -->
> -->Jeff's idea for logo, is to have it set up with simple
> -->controls, such as go right, go left, go up, turn, etc.
> -->
> -->This will draw on the screen, kind of like spiralgraph or
> -->turtle.
> -->At the SAME time, the code for creating this picture will
> -->appear in a window next to the drawing.  We hope that the
> -->users will get tired of the simple controls, and move into
> -->programming.  An early foundation in basic programming logic
> -->should help them move into other programming languages.
> -->
See previous message about glogo.

-