RE: [kidsgames] Equipment Survey

On 10-Jul-2000 Kidsgames Project Coordinator - Jeff Waddell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to initiate an Equipment Survey as to what we each have and
> how we are utilizing it.
>
> I'll explain what I now have and what I would like to have to be able to
> move forward more quickly on this project.
>
> I expect each of you to do the same.

I fail to understand why. The bottom line is we all have systems and we are all
using them to meet our needs. I guess I'll comply anyways. :)

fenris
        cyrix 150+
        48m 60ns simm
        ~4.5G hdd
        trident S3trio64 2m, 4m voodooG
        debian 2.3 (woody, unstable)
        main system. Development, internet, routing/network control

concolor
        486dx66
        12m
        1g
        internet workstation (great big paperweight)

Hoping to get a nice box as soon as I can free up some cash, thinking k7-700
with a geforce or g400 and at least 128m. I might need to do some contract work
for that to happen, as I'm sitting on some fairly hefty recurring bills.

Do work boxes count? I do a lot of home type activity on my work boxes :/

k6-2 400 (at 448), 128m sdram, ~8g hdd, vel128 card (crappy dx agp thing,
wishing I had a card that does gl in bsd. Linux refuses to run on it) freebsd
5.0 (unstable cvsup)

dual p133 dec eisa/scsi 44m, debian woody

p75 webserver where I experiment with php and cgi's

as for what I'm doing, I do a lot of of opengl experimentation, I've been
experimenting with a lot of differnet languages (been doing opengl and gtk+
stuff in guile/scheme, pretty nifty). I've been astutely avoiding promised
projects like a mua, updates to a mud client, etc. A serious hurting on time
and a lack of desire to plan is keeping the larger projects from moving. And I
probably won't have a lot of time in the near future as I think I'm going to be
developing an engine for a commercial game (if I do work on it, there WILL be a
linux port and probably a freebsd port).

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.

-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"
in the body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org