Re: [kidsgames] sending wordbase

Hi Brian,

yeah, so my mailbox is backed up, it happens.

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Brian Minton wrote:

-->Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 17:12:57 -0600 (CST)
-->From: Brian Minton <minton@csc.smsu.edu>
-->To: kidsgames@smluc.org
-->Subject: Re: [kidsgames] sending wordbase
-->
-->On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Steve Baker wrote:
-->
-->> Kidsgames Project Coordinator - Jeff Waddell wrote:
-->> >
-->> > Hi Brian,
-->> >
-->> > majordomo is set to bounce messages over 40k in size.  I can either bump
-->> > that restriction up or we can get the database into cvs either under the
-->> > kidsgames area or an entirely new area devote SOLELY to this database.
-->>
-->> No *please* don't increase the size.  It's a really bad idea to post
-->> long messages to mailing lists because 90% of the people on the list
-->> don't want to read them.
-->
-->majordomo has a file fetching facility, why not use it?

Wasn't aware of it.

I'll try to find out how to use, it you are welcome to tell me how it
works.  I've yet to be able to get it in the files area on sourceforge due
to that project area having the wrong permissions (can't put ANYTHING
there yet, arghh)

--> that way the files are
-->available for anyone who wants. --> -->>

<snip>

--
Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org