Re: [kidsgames] Re: GUIs und kinder: EE wanted

Chris Ellec wrote:
> Jeffery Douglas Waddell wrote:
> > My main problems are that I've not got the electronics skills to design
> > the electronic impluses for keys (I imagine it is defined somewhere by
> > IEEE or something), I think I could write the linux driver, but the
> > circuit design inside the thing is beyond me at this time.  If someone has
> > those skills and is willing to gpl the circuit specs. please contact me
> > via email so we can work on it ;)

> I'm a EE, maybe I can help ...

I think an ElecEng graduate would find this to be like cracking walnuts
with a sledge. (-:

I think a couple of little kit-style PCB layouts using cheap and common
parts (e.g. 7414 hex schmitt trigger) to encode/debounce up to 8
switches and shove them into a parallel or serial port (probably
different PCBs for each, but how ingenious are you? :-) would be good
enough, to start with. Think about more switches and possibly analogue
inputs, while you're there, but don't let those thoughts drive up the
complexity or cost of the Mark I unit!

I think the real issue will be the mechanical design of child-appealing
child-useful input devices. It shouldn't be hard to map almost any kind
of switch-driven gadget to an X or GGI input device in software.
-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org