[kidsgames] ClanLib

I finally had time to install ClanLib, since it seemed the most
interesting of all the packages listed. You also have to get the
Hermes package (listed on the Clanlib page).

I got the Pacman demo and Pingus.

I had trouble with X, since both gave me garbled screens, but no
error messages ...

I went in the source and changed the resolation and bpp, but it
didn't help (tried 8, 16 and 24). So I tried changing the
parameters for X, and I finally got it to work with X at 16 bpp
and the games at 16 bpp also. (X was 24 bpp originally)

I only tried the games for a minute or so, they both work, and is
you liked Lemmings, you are going to love Pingus !

Anyway, now that that's working, I have to figure out how to
write my own game ....

Chris.

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the