[kidsgames] Re: while we're introducing ourselves...

Hello Eric,

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Eric Walker wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Eric Walker, and I'll most likely remain a lurker.  This will
> be for one compound reason:
>
> part a: I won't have any time to code

code suggestions, comments, and of course content, etc. are also welcome
:)  Lurk all you want, but if you have a free moment donate it to us ;)

> part b: Since I won't be coding, it would be a little bit
>         distracting to participate in discussion.

For you or the coders?  As a coder I need all the feedback I can get, good
and bad.  Keep talking.....

> I am on this list because I have an ongoing interest in education, and
> feel computers have a crucial niche to fill.

Yep.

>  It seems to me there could
> be no better way to provide a solid base for future children's learning
> applications than with a free (or "open-source") component base.

Yep.

>  I am a
> relative neophyte to the GNU/Open Source/*BSD/everything scene, having
> used Linux since 2.0.29.

Been around since 1.0.8 ;)  Man have things changed.

> I understand majordomo has the ability to alter either the subject or the
> from fields.  Would it be possible to prepend "KG: " to the subjects of
> mail going over this list?  This would be of great help to anyone who's
> mailbox is regularly filled.  For example:
>
> KG: while we're introducing ourselves...

I altered it to [kidsgames] due to convention on other lists.  Is it
acceptable?

> Sincerely,
> Eric

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org

I guess I'm going to have to learn dvorak this qwerty is giving me carpal
tunnel I think.....

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org